Tuesday 19 July 2011

Freestyling It

I'm very excited to try out the Coca Cola Freestyle tomorrow.
Instead of talking about it now, I'll do it tomorrow. This is more a placeholder...
An ugly thing to force me to do it.
EDIT: I enjoyed it quite a bit, and had a decently eventful day.
Enough of one that I don't feel like writing it all tonight.
TOMORROW for sure!

Right then! 

Tuesday was pretty awesome. The first thing I did was get my sorry ass dragged out of bed and headed to Salvation Army with the guys. We bought "kill clothes" for the season finale of Dexter. See, we've been watching Dexter as a group, and that night was our last night as we ran out. I'll probably make a post about Dexter soon-ish. 

Anyway, following that we hung out at Cody's until we could go to Firehouse Subs, which is the interesting thing I wanted to blog about so I should get to it...

Firehouse Subs is located in Avon and is one of many restaurants to carry the god of all soda fountains, the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine.

Coke drinkers always kneel towards the nearest one upon opening a can.

 This sexy beast was the entire reason for our visit. It claims to hold around 100 flavors of Coke products, depending on the particular machine. During the trip, I tried the following drinks:
  • Grape Sprite - A very pleasant grape drink, almost like a better carbonated water
  • Vanilla Sprite - Boooooring. I mean, it's carbonated vanilla.
  • Grape Vault - It's the BOMB. Like a pitch-black Vault.
  • Peach Vault - Really a better combination than it sounds, it's refreshing.
  • Fruit Punch Fanta - I mean, it's carbonated fruit punch, always kick ass.
  • Orange Coke - I was shocked at how good this was. The orange didn't overpower at all, it added a very nice citrus taste.
  • Raspberry Coke - Actually, a little too sweet for my tastes.
However, my trip was noteworthy for a second reason: Dave's Ultimate Insanity Hot Sauce. You see, it turns out Firehouse has quite a few hot sauces to put on your sub (speaking of, I got a Beef Brisket and Cheddar. It was alright, needed toastier bread, got mayo accidentally but barely noticed it, overall recommened). I, being the champion of hot sauce (and stupidity), decided that Ultimate Insanity needed to be all over part of my sub. Despite the 10+++ on the bottle for heat, I was not afraid. I put it right on, plenty of it, and ate my damn sandwich. At first, not too bad. Soon though... 

 My mouth felt like it was literally on fire. My eyes were watering, lips burning, stomach churning... I consumed the majority of my pop at this point. Tragically, it cooled the burn for a moment before honestly just making the stomach pain worse. I have never experienced a hotter spice or burn.

I lived, luckily, and brought some home because I just love suffering. Firehouse was great, as was the season finale of Dexter. I had a great day, and learned two things:
  1. Coke Freestyle is as great as it sounds, and I want to try it again sometime!
  2. My stomach will never forgive me, as long as I live.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Sir, Dave's insanity sauce was at one point one of the hottest sauces on the market. Dave's ultimate was in retaliation to competitors making even hotter sauces.

Sir, I commend you for joining the ranks of us fire breathers!

Post a Comment