Tuesday 28 February 2012

I Want To Be Dead With My Friends


So Every Time I Die's new album is available to stream. I've listened to it a total of five times in the last 24 hours and I have to say I'm extremely satisfied by it.

Sorry, let me clarify. I think it could very well be their best album. It's absolutely fantastic. It starts with several tracks that all have a sharp, biting intensity that I'm honestly not sure if anything they've ever done before has conveyed. Keith Buckley's lyrics are at their best and possibly most personal here. It's surprisingly darker than the previous three albums. His singing is better than ever and their eclectic mix of rock, metal,  and a very southern vibe is present as always. The whole thing just sounds more important than previous works. It's hard to explain. There aren't really any "fun" songs this time around, at least none about party animals or the sort.

Every Time I Die is one of the few bands I think just about all of my friends in Beech Grove all agree on. My general hatred of Metalcore and the like doesn't help with that, but that's besides the point. ETID just gives me this good nostalgic feel, as if I'm chilling in high school playing some Halo or Super Smash Brothers.

The point here is the album is fantastic and worth a listen, even if you aren't usually into metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment