Thursday 3 March 2011

Brand New's Deja Entendu



If you don't listen to Brand New, you should. I mean, I named this blog after them, so I probably like them. They're really fantastic. Depressing as hell, but fantastic. If you listen to anything I end up posting here, please make it them?


If you do plan to follow my obviously great advice, I would start with Deja Entendu. It's their second album and probably their most popular. It represents a clear shift in sound from their first album, which is very much pop-punk, to their later works which are harder for me to give a genre to. It's a great mix of pop, emo, and... not really sure what else. I'm not particularly good with words,

Anyway, listen to "I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light" and "Play Crack The Sky". Especially the latter, it may just be their best song. If you like it, listen to their next album. That one is probably my favorite, but that's for a different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment