Saturday 5 March 2011

Our Playlist

So yeah, I'm going to discuss the playlist thing I'd mentioned earlier. I'm sure someone else has done this, but whatever, I had the idea on my own.

Basically, me and eight other people took three songs each that we'd picked for whatever reason (mostly favorites and variety). I put them all together on a playlist and we all listened to it. A simple idea, to be sure, but a ton of fun. I also plan to update it in the near future. It's really cool to get to hear what all my friends listen to and expand my own taste while I'm at it. Any of you reading should definitely give it a shot. Since I'm talking about it, lemme go into my favorites from each person.

Such Great Heights (The Postal Service) - Ethan chose this song, and previously I'd only heard the Iron And Wine version. I can't say which I like better, but this one is really upbeat and cheerful, and makes me happy.

Breathe (Pink Floyd) - Saying this is my favorite of Grace's is sort of cheating. I mean, I grew up with Pink Floyd and already love them, so... Nevertheless, it is a fantastic song.

Koop Island Blues (Koop) - Gotta say, never heard any of Jillian's before, but this one is definitely my favorite. Its got a really relaxing sound to it, as if I were off the coast of Mexico with a margarita. Not gay.

Don't You? (I Fight Dragons) - All of Jim's picks are closer to a sound I'm used to. This song just has a good pop rock vibe to it that makes it a fun listen.

Koi No Mega Lover (Maximum The Hormone) - I never listen to Japanese music anymore, so getting this from John was a pleasant and fun surprise. Plus, it rocks hard. Reminds me of earlier childhood.

Maintain Consciousness (Relient K) - Juli's picks are not songs I would've listened to on my own, but I'm glad I did. I've heard Relient K before, and this is a pretty cool song. Again, a good fun poppy song.

Road To Joy (Bright Eyes) - Kyra's were all songs I'd heard before. Bright Eyes is occasionally awesome, and this song is great. It's simple but strong lyrically, and he really screams pretty passionately.

Peace Of Mind (Boston) - Classic Rock is always good, and this is particularly good Classic Rock. Richard picked it, and it certainly makes him seem less pretentious than me and my Radiohead.

Anyway, those of you reading that aren't one of these people should do this, it's a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Kyra said...

I remember when I would play classic rock for you and you said you didn't really like it. :P

Post a Comment