Sunday 6 March 2011

Someday...

So I'm listening to The Strokes right now, and you should be too.

I originally discovered (can you say that for bigger bands?) them on my Pandora station based on Franz Ferdinand whom I also love. It really took a while for them to catch on, but once something clicked with me, i fell in love. I'll admit, quite a few of their songs sound "samey" at first, but I think that was more a result of me being unfamiliar with the general sound.

If you were going to take my advice and be awesome, I'd tell you to start with their first album, Is This It. It has the really straightforward Garage Rock sound that they're really known for, and some of their best songs. Someday is one of my personal favorites, as is New York City Cops. It does have a few boring points, but overall I think it's their best. If you like it, try out one of their other two. First Impressions of Earth is really different from their earlier sound, whereas Room On Fire is basically the same sound as their first album, a little clearer in the vocals.

Anyway, they rock and you should give them a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment